When should you book a photographer for your newborn session?
So, you’re expecting! Congratulations! Now, you’re thinking about having that newborn essence frozen in portrait form so you can cherish it forever. You might be wondering, “when should you book a photographer for your newborn session?” Don’t fear, I’m here to help you break it down.
Most parents start thinking about booking a newborn photography session during their second trimester. This is when they have the most energy and can plan ahead for the session (it’s also important to keep in mind that most photographers book up quickly, often times, a few months out). However, if you’re reading this post later in your pregnancy or after your baby is born, don’t worry! You can still book a session, you just might need to be a little more flexible on timing.
Here are some tips for timing and contacting photographers for newborn sessions:
– Start reaching out to photographers in your area during your second trimester. This will give you the most options for scheduling.
– If your due date is close or the baby is already here, reach out to photographers as soon as possible. Many will be willing to work with you on a last-minute basis.
– When contacting photographers, be sure to provide as much information as possible. This includes your due date, your goals for the session, and any special requests you might have.
– If you’re looking for a specific type of photography session (like studio newborn photography or lifestyle newborn photography), be sure to mention that when contacting photographers.
– Keep in mind that not all photographers offer newborn sessions. Be sure to do a thorough search and find a photographer who specializes in this type of photography. (Also, check out my guest blog post from Maggie on “What to ask a newborn photographer before booking!”)
Scheduling a newborn session can be daunting, but by following these tips you’ll be well on your way to capturing beautiful memories of your little one!
Do you have any tips to add? Share them in the comments below!
I hope this post was helpful in demystifying the process of booking a newborn session. If you have any questions or would like to talk about a newborn photography session in the Nashville area, I’d be happy to chat with you about your specific needs. ln the meantime, check out my newborn portfolio and see if my style is a good fit for your vision.
If you found this post helpful, please share it with expectant parents you know! And be sure to stay tuned for more posts in the “Planning for Your Newborn Session” series. Up next: what to expect during your newborn session!
-Amanda, The Newborn Photographer